Tuesday 23 July 2013

BEING JOYFUL

I welcome you on board this Joyous Train, enjoy the ride!!!

Let me begin with introduction, since this is a new blog. My name is Joy Arthur-Akabogu. I am happily married to the most loving man in the whole world, the one from whose ribs, I was formed, Arthur Chinazo Akabogu, a preacher of the Word of God (I remember he said that on our first date, lol). We worship at the Foursquare Gospel Church, National Headquarters, Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria and together we intend to take the Word of God to all the nations of the Earth, including this blog.

I have titled this post BEING JOYFUL for a reason, you will soon find out. As you already know, my name is Joy and so, the name of this blog is not far fetched. However, today, I will be talking about being joyful, which is literally defined as a state of being happy. I want you to know that there is a huge DIFFERENCE between being happy and being joyful. A happy person is one whose happiness is based on circumstances, for instance, when you receive a news that you have just won a Visa Lottery or 100, 000 US Dollars, or ....... (fill in the blanks). A joyful person is one who source of happiness is derived from God, devoid of the circumstances around him/her. The Bible tells us in Jeremiah 29:11 " For I (GOD) know the plans, I have for you, ...they are plans for good not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope" Friends isnt that enough to be joyful? God says, He has plans for me and for you too, He knows you, He formed you in your mother's womb, He already had a plan for you even before you were born.

The Bible also assures us in several places that there is home for us in Heaven. Jesus came to die for you and I and has gone ahead of us to prepare a place for us. Thus this World is not our only hope. In Revelation 21: 4, the Bible assures us that God will remove all our sorrows, there will not be death anymore, crying or pain, in Heaven.

I want you to bear these in mind whenever, circumstances that weigh you down, occur, remember that God has good plans for you, that circumstance is working together for your good and this world is not our last bus-stop, someday, we will get to Heaven, where there is EVERLASTING JOY and CONTINUOUS WORSHIP.

Stay blessed and be Joyful ALWAYS.


P.S: If you have not received Jesus into your life, you can do so today, tomorrow may be too late. Come to Jesus, He will SAVE you NOW.

 Pray this prayer; Dear Lord Jesus, I acknowledge that I am a sinner, I acknowledge that you came to die for me on the Cross of Calvary and shed your precious blood to redeem me. I ask that you forgive me of my sins, wash me with your Blood. Thank you Lord for saving me. Holy Spirit, Come and dwell within me and teach me all things about my new found faith, in Jesus Name, Amen.

Congratulations, Welcome to God's Own Family. Please attend a Bible Believing Church and fellowship with the Saints of God always. If you are in Lagos, Nigeria, we will appreciate your presence to worship with us at Foursquare Gospel Church, National Headquarters, 62/66, Akinwunmi Street, Alagomeji, Yaba, Lagos.

Hold on to God's Word.


No comments:

Post a Comment